Pageviews last month

Friday, February 11, 2011

INFORMATION ABOUT LATEST PC GAMES

Finding some good information on the latest PC games can be quite a difficult task. I've tried to do a Google search with the key words 'latest PC games' or 'current PC games'. I got thousands of replies but most of them were not what I was looking for. I've been keen on playing PC games for a long time and I've always found it hard to come across any decent sites giving updated information about the latest PC games. Nowadays all the attention goes to gaming consoles and thus, finding news on computer games is getting harder and harder.

Probably the most popular gaming platform are computers. So you can look for the latest PC games on websites devoted to them. It is not really difficult to find lists of new games and their prices but it is a couple of times harder to find any good sites which offer reviews about the newest PC games. If I have to recommend you some sites I'd suggest you had a look on my personal favourite ones - Gamespot, Gamespy, IGN, and Gamezone.

You can always find recent reviews of the lastest PC games on them, as well as some information on the most popular and newest console videogames. Even though I sometimes fully disagree with the reviews published, I still believe they are useful, at least you can get some basic info about the game, for example what it's genre is. In my case, if it's not one of the types I like, I don't purchase it and save some money. If I have genuine interest in a particular game I usually read at least a couple of reviews on different sites about it. That way I get all the information I need before going to the store and buying it.

One of the reasons why you should try to get as many reviews as possible about a PC game before purchasing it is because the price of the latest games varies about $50 per title. I cannot imagine anything worse than spending your hard-earned money on a new PC game which might turn out to be a beta program filled with bugs, a game with a poorly conceived plot. However, it is true that most of the latest PC games are no good, as the standard is getting lower and lower.

Being completely honest, I have to admit that from time to time even nowadays a real treasure comes out of the blue. This gem gets much more appreciation and popularity now because the rest of the new PC games are not worth it. I try to regularly check for news on the latest PC games on varies sites with the only hope to find and buy one of these gems.Read More